Thank you for registering for an Imagine LA Mentor Phone Interview!
Next steps: Please send the following items to your Community Engagement Point Person (Monet Bagneris Tolbert or Kimberly Kirui) before your Mentor Training.
- Scan of your Driver’s License and Auto Insurance (if you do not have a Driver's License, Imagine LA requires a valid California Identification Card or Passport)
- Completed and signed Volunteer Mentor Agreement
- Completed and signed Mentor Personal Information Form
- Online Background Check via GoodHire or Backgrounds Online (during COVID-19) or completed Live Scan (form) and purchase receipt (for reimbursement)
After your Phone Interview, if you are selected to move to the next round of onboarding, your Community Engagement Point Person will share the upcoming Mentor Training dates and times for you to RSVP. Upon successful completion of the Mentor Training, your Community Engagement Point Person will send you a link from Backgrounds Online to complete the background check.
DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, WE ARE CONDUCTING BACKGROUND CHECKS ONLINE. WHEN LIVE SCAN LOCATIONS RESUME SERVICES, WE WILL RETURN TO THIS PROCESS.
What is Live Scan?
It is the policy of Imagine LA Program that each Mentor Candidate complete a screening process
- This includes a Live Scan background check on criminal history
- Live Scan uses your fingerprints to report on any state & federal criminal history, and sexual offender registry
- For more information, visit the State of California, Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General website
Live Scan Instructions
- If you complete your Live Scan before your training, we will reimburse you up to $40 for the cost of your Live Scan (proof of Live Scan & receipt required)
- Complete our Live Scan Background Check form
- Find a Live Scan location near you
- Visit the location and complete your Live Scan (don't forget your photo ID)
- Scan and email us your completed form & receipt
Questions or concerns? Contact your Imagine LA Community Engagement Point Person (Monet Bagneris Tolbert or Kimberly Kirui) or email@example.com.