Thank you for registering for an Imagine LA Mentor Training!
You must provide the following documentation to your Community Engagement Point Person BEFORE your Mentor Training:
- Scan of your Driver’s License and Auto Insurance
- Completed and signed Volunteer Mentor Agreement
- Completed and signed Personal Information Form
- Completed Live Scan Background Check form and receipt of your payment (required for reimbursement) (see below for instructions)
What is Live Scan?
- It is the policy of Imagine LA Program that each Mentor Candidate complete a screening process
- This includes a Live Scan background check on criminal history
- Live Scan uses your fingerprints to report on any state & federal criminal history, and sexual offender registry
- For more information, visit the State of California, Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General website
Live Scan Instructions
- If you complete your Live Scan before your training, we will reimburse you up to $40 for the cost of your Live Scan (you must provide proof of Live Scan & your receipt)
- Complete our Live Scan Background Check form
- Find a Live Scan location near you
- Go to the location and complete your Live Scan (don't forget your photo ID)
- Scan and email us your completed form & receipt
NOTE: During the COVID-19 health crisis, many live scan sites are temporarily closed. We also acknowledge that during this time, based on local and national orders, contact with others should be minimized. For this reason, we have implemented a new, temporary process:
- All Mentor Candidates are encouraged to complete their Mentor Application, Phone Interview, and Mentor Training
- We cannot match you with a mentee without a background check. However...
- After your Mentor Training, we will identify potential mentee matches for you, so that we can match you quickly and effectively when you are able to complete the Live Scan
- When the COVID-19 crisis has passed, Imagine LA will host several Live Scan Parties at our office
- Then, when your results come in, we will hit "Start" on your match!
Questions? Concerns? Contact your Imagine LA Community Engagement point person or email@example.com.